Why Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy focuses on areas in your body where pain and restrictions inhibit the flow of energy, so that healthy tissue states may be restored. Muscles are soothed, relaxed and lengthened, reducing spasms and aiding in recovery from fatigue, stiffness and soreness. Massage cleanses tissues and increases the release of oxygen and nutrients needed for tissue repair. By guiding your awareness away from stress toward deep relaxation, massage therapy also promotes restful sleep which speeds natural tissue repair. With healthy tissue restored, circulation is increased, joint flexibility and range of motion are enhanced, posture is improved — balance is restored to your body.
“If at the age of 30 you are stiff and out of shape, you are old. If at 60 you are supple and strong then you are young.”
Joseph H. Pilates
Our therapeutic massage services are of the highest quality, and are often part of our clients’ overall health & fitness programs, which may include goals of strength & conditioning, flexibility, injury rehabilitation, stress management, improved personal health and well-being. The results are a stronger, more balanced and flexible body, with an enhanced mind-body connection
The massage therapists at Joe’s Place-True Pilates are Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), and are Professional members of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), an organization serving massage therapists who demonstrate a certain level of skill and expertise through testing and education.
Benefits of Massage
- Maximizes supply of nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow
- Improves movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure & improves healthy circulation
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces chance of injury by relieving stress points in muscles, before they result in restrictions or spasm
- Shortens recovery time between workouts
- Enhances athletic performance
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness, enhancing capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Fosters mind-body connection
- Swedish Massage – Long strokes, kneading, friction and percussion applied to the more superficial tissue layers. Promotes relaxation, circulation, range of motion & relief from muscle tension.
- Deep Tissue / Trigger Point Therapy – Cross-fiber techniques, deep strokes and pressure on tight, contracted areas. Aids in release of chronic patterns of tension in the deeper tissue layers.
- Shiatsu / Thai Massage – Thumb, finger, palm, elbow, hand and foot pressure applied along meridians and acupressure points, combined with facilitated stretching, to release tissue and balance the body.
- Myofascial Release – Application of sustained pressure to release constrictions in the fascia (the network of flexible connective tissue that supports muscles and organs of the body). Helps to restore balance, stability and range of motion.
- Reflexology – Application of specific pressure using the thumb, finger and hand to zones and reflex areas in the feet and hands that correspond to glands, organs, nerve areas and muscles. Promotes relaxation and healing of disturbed organ and tissue functions.
Sessions may incorporate, as needed, Swedish, shiatsu, acupressure, deep tissue, orthopedic and sports massage, trigger point, reflexology and myofascial release techniques.
- $55 / 30-minute session
- $70 / 45-minute session
- $85 / 60-minute session
- $100 / 75-minute session
- $115 / 90-minute session